Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What's Wrong with a Football Stadium?

I am highly irritated... soon Oman might play in the finals and tickets for the gulf championship are all being booked. I've never been to one of these things before and I don't think such a thing would be in Oman until the next god knows how many years. This is again a feministic issue... why is going there as a woman considered bad??... is it considered bad at all or is this just the set of mind I unfortunately have to deal with? (I am talking about the Omani traditional concept)
My bro was freely offered a great seat and I was not even asked. And when I asked to go, I was rejected with. 'You don't know what sort of girls go there!'
'That's no place for a girl!'

Please tell me what the hell????... who can explain this to me?... is the stadium a whore house? It's just a bloody SPORTS place. And if some girls around there are low.... does that mean I'm the same if I go???
You have full areas filled with bad and good girls. So if I happen to be in the same area as the so called bad ones... does that mean I'm one of them?
How am I supposed to get this???
I seriously don't belong in this world.

1 comment:

Andrew Brown said...

I totally agree you. Who do people think they are to decide that a stadium (or camel racing track!!!) is no place for a lady. BIZARRE!
Believe me, you are not the only one who feels this way. Don't think "I don't belong in this world". Maybe you just belong in a different culture. (Keep up the great writing. I love how you think!) :-)